Falmouth Community Television (FCTV) is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join our team as a Government Access Assistant (part time).
The Government Access Assistant will take a leading role in the production and support of government-related content for government access television. Expertise will be essential in producing both live and recorded programs, fostering community engagement with local government proceedings and creating informative segments for Falmouth in Focus.
The Government Access Assistant will assist the Government Access Coordinator in the production, assignment and scheduling of all remote and on-site FCTV Government Access productions. This position will work under the supervision of the Government Access Coordinator. This position is part time, 25-32 hours per week with primarily evening and weekend hours.
Production and Support
- Produce high-quality government programs, including meetings, interviews, press conferences, and promotional videos using single or multi-camera setups, in-studio or on-location.
- Proficiency in operating video recording equipment, studio and remote setups, and post-production tools to maintain high production standards.
- Ensure all produced content adheres to Falmouth Community Television’s guidelines and standards, maintaining accuracy and objectivity.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of creative ideas and new approaches to expand government programming and increase viewership.
- Create compelling feature segments for Falmouth in Focus, showcasing the town’s unique events, initiatives, and community stories.
- Provide guidance and support to volunteer government producers, encouraging active involvement and enhancing their production skills.
- Assist the Government Access Coordinator with channel and production scheduling.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience with single and multi-camera digital video production, both live and recorded, with a focus on creative storytelling and attention to detail.
- Expertise with video editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro).
- Experience with multi-camera studio directing, technical directing, graphics, camera operation, lighting and audio.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively.
- Proficiency with productivity tools and software (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Workspace).
- Excellent communication abilities to support and guide volunteer producers.
- Knowledge of government proceedings and an understanding of community interests is advantageous.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Two years’ post high school related training, education and/or relevant experience required.
Other Job Requirements
- Work evenings and occasional weekends.
- Establish and maintain positive work relationships with co-workers, members, and the community.
- Maintain a professional appearance and exhibit a positive company image to the public.
- Be a self-starter who will initiate the completion of work and projects.
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record required.
- The ability and willingness to drive and operate a cargo type production van is desired.
- Provide own transportation to travel to locations with some frequency, as required.
- Work in-person at FCTV and various locations in Falmouth, MA, encompassing both indoor and outdoor environments. Occasional production work outside of Falmouth, but within Massachusetts, may be required.
- Stand for extended periods while operating production equipment and have the ability to lift and maneuver equipment weighing up to 50 lb.
- Professional, diplomatic and tactful communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess effective problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Commensurate with experience
- Non-exempt hourly position
- Benefits per FCTV policy
How To Apply
Interested candidates are to send their cover letter, resume, three written letters of reference and online link to demo reel to:
Debra Rogers, Executive Director/CEO
310E Dillingham Ave.
Falmouth, MA 02540
Application will be accepted via email to: email@example.com
Falmouth Community Television is an equal opportunity employer.
We value diversity and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.